The Electrical Contractors Association (ECA) is the UK's leading trade association that represents and supports the interests of businesses involved in all aspects of the electrical and electrotechnical industries.
We are recruiting for a PR Assistant, who will report directly to the PR Manager. The role is currently based in Hammersmith but the ideal candidate will be willing to commute to St Katherine’s Dock when the office relocates later this year. The purpose of the role is to support the activity of the ECA Public Relations team and main duties include:
- Project manage and sub-edit content for digital and print outputs, including quarterly magazine, newsletters, website and blog.
- Draft, proofread, upload and send communications (e.g. emails to members, press releases, articles and website news items).
- Keep ECA social media accounts updated with relevant industry news, and undertake campaigns as appropriate.
- Create and share new media, such as infographics and podcasts, to support the work of the PR team.
- Provide support and analysis of ECA representational surveys.
- Research media, industry and policy developments/opportunities as required.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks as requested by the PR Manager and Director of External Affairs.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and have experience working in a collaborative office environment. You will need to be able to provide examples of previous successful writing and/or editorial work on application. Knowledge of the construction and engineering industry or the media would be ideal but is not essential.
All applications must include a covering letter and successful applicants will be asked to complete an internal application form. To apply, please contact Daisy Woodgate email@example.com.