The ECA are recruiting for a Communications Manager to join their Business and Communications team. The purpose of the role will be to create, develop, manage and promote a range of media and initiatives, supported by high quality and authoritative content, across online and offline channels, to increase external stakeholder engagement, and generate awareness of ECA products, services, and member capabilities. The role will be based in St Katharine’s Dock, London, and will report to the Head of Communications and Public Affairs.
The main duties of the role are as follows but not limited too:
• Manage and deliver a plan to further increase external stakeholder engagement, project the importance of membership and associate status, and to highlight the ECA and selected staff as thought leaders.
• Proactively manage everyday relations with selected regional, trade and national media. This includes writing press releases and occasional blogs and articles, for both offline and online outlets. Respond to press enquiries.
• Project-manage the ECA’s quarterly magazine, including flat plan, content, liaison with media sales and design agency, coordinating external contributions, proof-reading, and obtaining imagery (via ECA sources) etc.
• Manage content for a planned ‘digital content hub’.
• Manage and deliver digital content (e.g. news items, blogposts, infographics, podcasts, videos, case studies, surveys) relating to all areas of the business. Ensure content is relevant, engaging and useful for external audiences. Signoff on final offline and online outputs, prior to promotion by the Executives.
• Adapt digital content for internal communication purposes, where relevant.
• Deliver PR and public affairs campaigns/projects, in conjunction with senior policy managers.
• Attend industry events, in order to create and generate offline and online content. Represent the ECA at selected external forums and meetings.
• Attend selected ECA-sponsored national events, to provide practical support. Develop and manage a small but impactful ‘industry roundtable’ programme.
• Working with the Executives, ensure ECA website, blog and social media etc. is continually updated with new and engaging content from all ECA work areas.
The idea candidate will be educated to degree level in marketing or hold a journalism or PR qualification. Ideally at least 4 years’ work experience in a strongly B2B journalism/PR environment where demonstrable experience has been gained in printed and online channels.
If you are interested please apply in writing, attaching a covering letter and CV, to Daisy.Woodgate@eca.co.uk.