Power Players is a new initiative which aims to identify and promote some of the leading professionals across the building services engineering sector, by providing a platform to showcase innovation, excellence and success.
Power Players is being run across the country by the ECA and partners, who will be confirmed in due course.
The initiative will open to entries in late spring 2017.
We are looking for entrants from the newest generation of exceptional achievers from across the sector.
Power Players is open to anyone aged 39 or below (as of 31 December 2016) who works within the building services engineering sector, whether on-site or office based. Anyone from following types of organisation are eligible to enter:
- Clients and specifiers (eg facilities managers, local authorities, housing associations, property developers)
- Consultants and designers
- Engineering firms (eg maintenance firms)
- Installers and contractors
- Manufacturers and distributors
- Training providers, colleges and universities
Within these organisations, Power Players is looking to recognise achievement in professions that include: engineers, architects, surveyors, business development, health, safety and environment managers, installers, salespeople, marketers, public relations, facilities managers, procurers, human resources, lobbyists, trainers, civil servants, product developers etc.
The entry and judging process is completely digital, and is designed to be as simple as possible, without any need to complete lengthy forms or to attend any interviews in person. To enter the initiative, individuals will simply need to send in a short video highlighting their innovative or impactful work.
- A trip to the USA worth thousands of pounds
Winners will visit the (USA) National Electrical Contractors' Association Confererence in 2018 in Philadelphia, PA from 29 September - 2 October. (Flights, accomodation and daily allowance wil be covered)
- Top quality lunch and mentoring with business guru Sir John Parker
Sir John is chair of Anglo American and former president of the Royal Academy of Engineering from 2011 to 2014. For more information, click here
- Develop a fundraising intiative with the Electrical Industries Charity (EIC) in 2018
The EIC has offered to provide a scholarship grant entitlement to the winnners, to utilise on a fundraising initiative
- Apple iPad Mini for the top two
- Opportunity to participate in an ECA webinar in 2018
- Significant promotion by intiative partners and coverage within the media