Can you afford not to choose an ECA member for your next building services project?
For peace of mind and value for money, have your electrical system designed, installed, inspected, tested and maintained by the gold standard in electrical contracting and building services.
David Lewis of Chancery Contracts Ltd: Hear more from David on our Youtube channel.
Contractors you can trust
- Thoroughly vetted - ECA Registered Members undergo regular, rigorous technical assessments to ensure they carry out safe electrical work, installed to recognised industry standards and practice
- Find out more about how our members are vetted.
- Skilled in all areas - ECA electrical contractors work across all disciplines, including electrical testing and inspection, mainstream or ‘power’ services, software engineering, system integrations, audio visual multi-media systems, building management systems, energy efficiency, fibre optics, data and telecommunications, security and fire prevention systems, CCTV systems, access control or door entry systems, security lighting and fire alarms. ECA members hold relevant qualifications through our electrician certification programme.
- Guaranteed- All ECA Registered Member’s work is covered under the ECA Guarantee of Work Scheme which is underwritten by our insurance company, and assures you that their work will be completed satisfactorily according to the relevant standards. It represents the highest level of accountability and protection provided by any body representing electrical installers.
- Covered to completion - Registered Members are covered by the ECA Bond. If one of our member’s work is terminated for a specified reason, the additional cost of completion will be met to a maximum limit of £100,000 or 10% of the contract value shown on the Bond certificate. (subject to terms and conditions)
- Find out more about the ECA Bond
- Code of Fair Trading - The ECA Code of Fair Trading is in addition to the client’s legal and statutory rights. It encourages good communication and gives guidance on matters such as standards of workmanship and materials, design, costs, guarantees, payment terms and settlement of disputes. All ECA Members adhere to this code, a sign of their commitment to the highest standards in their business practices
- Download the ECA Code of Fair Trading.
- Competent - Registered Members ensure that where required, their operatives carry an appropriate Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) card, the sole ID and competence card scheme for electrotechnical operatives in the UK. ECS cards enable operatives to confirm their identity, competence and qualification levels.
- Find out more about the ECS Card on the ECS website.
- Current and compliant - Registered Members are kept updated on technical developments, changes to electrical safety regulations and standards, electrical health and safety best practice, environment and sustainable technologies issues.
- Find out more about the support provided to Registered Members.
- Complaints procedure - if you have a complaint about work carried out for you by a Registered Member, we have a clear procedure to address and resolve it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Learn more about the ECA's complaints management procedure.
- Backed by the ECA -ECA Members operate with the full support of the sector Trade Association behind them. Our expert in-house teams ensure they are up to date with legislation, best practice and innovation.
Why not ask an ECA Member what they can do for you. Find the right Registered Member for your next project here.