With the unprecedented events of the last few weeks, we are all having to make big changes to how we live and the way we do business. But what can you do if you need to access medical advice?
For ECA members who purchase Bupa private medical insurance (PMI) through ECIS either for office staff or through JIB credit, the scheme includes a range of benefits that can help Members covered by the plan in these challenging times.
- Babylon Digital GP: Members have fast access to expert advice through the Babylon digital GP service. The AI-driven symptom checker can be used for a range of conditions which has been updated to include COVID-19. Members can arrange a video appointment or telephone call with a doctor any time of the day or night and can get prescriptions through the service.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP): We understand that the current situation could adversely impact mental wellbeing as a consequence of people feeling isolated and detached from friends and family. The Bupa Employee Assistance Programme is a free completely confidential helpline for Members of the Bupa PMI schemes which they can access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The helpline can assist with a range of issues including stress, anxiety, depression and financial concerns.
You can also watch the latest ECA Webinar on mental health during the lockdown:
- Remote Consultations: Where medically appropriate, Bupa will fund telephone and video consultations with Bupa recognised consultants. This service includes remote consultations with an accredited physiotherapist for muscle, bone and joint conditions.
- Direct Access Services: Bupa’s Direct Access Services are available for concerns about musculoskeletal problems or cancer.
- Bupa online Mental Health Support: For help and support for you, your family or your employees visit https://www.bupa.co.uk/mental-health.
- For the latest Bupa guidance on Covid-19, please visit www.bupa.co.uk/coronavirus/health-insurance
All these benefits can be accessed using a phone or other mobile device. If you would like more information about any of the healthcare options available through ECIS, please contact Vicki Leslie at email@example.com