Filter by:

Find an ECA Registered Member

Advanced search
Area of work:

ECA QS Gold Card

For Qualified Supervisors with Long Term Experience


The ECA has partnered with the Joint Industry Board (JIB) to offer Qualified Supervisors (QS) employed by ECA member businesses, the opportunity to apply for an ECS Gold Card. This route uses a QS’s long term experience and technical assessment history to demonstrate their eligibility to apply.

There are currently two application options available:

Option 1: 

QSs that do not hold a recognised Level 3 NVQ (or formal UK electrotechnical apprenticeship and/or recognised JIB Mature Candidate Assessment) but have represented their employer’s business at 3 successful, consecutive technical assessments via recognised certification schemes.*

Option 2:

A Qualified Supervisor with a UK electrotechnical Level 3 NVQ (or formal UK electrotechnical apprenticeship)
but have not undertaken the AM2 end test. Must have represented their employer’s business at 3 successful, consecutive technical assessments via recognised certification schemes*

*Recognised Schemes: ECA Certification Scheme and NICEIC Approved Contractor.

The value of holding an ECA Gold Card

  • Validation of your knowledge and expertise to give clients confidence in your electrotechnical abilities.
  • Means you will hold the correct card for the type of work you carry out.
  • Proves your identity to clients and their site supervisors.
  • Confirmation that you understand current Health & Safety standards.

Important application information

  • The application process will provide a link for your photo to be taken or uploaded. (The phot software is compatible wiith Google Chrome and Firefox)
  • Before applying for a card, all applicants must pass the ECS Health & Safety test or have a certificate for a valid exemption.
  • Cards will be issued with your employer's name on it.
  • Your card will be issued by ECA and sent to your employer's business address.
  • Your card is valid for 3 years as long as your remain with the same employer business.
  • If you move employer, you may need to wait until you have undertaken 3 successful consecutive assessments with your new employing business before re-applying.
  • At time of renewal your employer business must be a member of the ECA and have maintained successful technical assessments. 
  • If you employer changes trading title, you will need to contact us to obtain a new card.
  • All applicants must hold an up-to-date BS 7671 qualification and have successfully attended a training course for the current edition, 17th Edition - 3rd Amendment. 
  • This card is available in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

How to apply

Go directly to

(If you hold a UK electrotechnical Level 3 NVQ (or formal electrotechnical apprenticeship and/or a recognised JIB Mature Candidate Assessment) along with the industry end test - the AM2)

Or, for all other applications, call 0207 313 4800 (press option 1)

ECA Group Companies & Brands: