An Update on Case Law
ECA’s Employee relations department has produced a detailed guidance note which provides information on the relevant legislation, advice on the correct approach to the calculation of holiday pay and analysis of the impact of the most recent case law.
This guidance provides information and advice on the following:
- Defining the different types of Holiday Entitlement
- Eligibility for holiday pay
- Applicable legislation
- Case Law developments and the impact of these on holiday calculations
- Defining general principles for holiday pay calculations
- JIB holiday pay and different scenarios
- Further Developments
Further advice is available on the Government Website including guidance on “how to calculate holiday entitlement for workers on different contract types” and “guide to calculating statutory holiday entitlement for workers”. These can be accessed here.
ACAS have guidance on holiday entitlement which can be accessed here.