ECA Terms and Conditions for booking the ECS Health and Safety Assessment
- Each attempt at either the full ECS or Site Visitor H&S assessments costs £54 (inclusive of VAT) per candidate. Assessments taken from 1st March 2024 will cost £55.80 (inclusive of VAT) per candidate.
- By credit/debit card: For your security, we do not ask for your card details on this form.
Please tick the box for credit/debit card payment on the booking form and we will call you to obtain these details on receipt of your application. Please note: This service is provided by the ECA (Electrical Contractors Association) on behalf of the ECS (JIB) and all card payments will appear on your card statement as ‘Electrical Contractors Internet’.
- By cheque/postal order: A single cheque/postal order for £54 (inclusive of VAT) per delegate should accompany each booking. Corporate or block bookings for multiple candidates and multiple venues should be accompanied by individual cheques for each venue. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Electrical Contractors Association’.
Important: Bookings will not be processed until cleared payment has been received. The ECA reserves the right to pursue its legal options in the case of default on payment and to cover reasonable administration costs.
Cancellations or Amendments
- All bookings can be rearranged by giving us a minimum of six working days’ notice before your assessment is due to take place (this does not include the day of the assessment).
- After this time, candidates will be required to re-book at a cost of £54 (inclusive of VAT) per candidate. Fees already paid will not be refunded in these circumstances.
- Candidate substitutions can only be arranged by giving us a minimum of six working days’ notice (this does not include the day of the assessment).
- Any candidate who fails to arrive at the correct venue; or on the correct date and time; or without the correct proof of identity, will be deemed to be a cancellation and will normally be required to rebook at an additional cost of £54 (inclusive of VAT) per candidate. Fees already paid will not be refunded in these circumstances.
Liability of the Provider
The liability of the provider for any expense, loss, cost or damage of any kind whatsoever whether direct, indirect or consequential (apart from personal injury or death) arising out of any action of proceedings relating to any service, or equipment provided in accordance with the course shall be limited to the total amount of fees charged in respect of the course. The provider is unable to offer refunds for cancellations arising from events outside its control including adverse weather conditions, flooding or industrial action.
The Assessment Process and Format
ECS H&S assessments are delivered using computers or tablet style devices.
Preparation and Revision Material
An ECS Question and Answer book is available to help candidates prepare for their ECS Health and Safety assessment and candidates should take care to only to obtain only the ECS publication.
Important: We require candidates to obtain the ECS question and answer book at least ten working days prior to sitting the assessment, to allow adequate time for preparation. In the case of multiple bookings, it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that this condition is satisfied.
Due to the specific electrical content in the ECS assessment, books supplied by other agencies (CITB etc.) are not appropriate. The book contains all the questions and answers from the database that is currently used for the assessment.
How to obtain the ECS Question and Answer Book
Download a free, electronic copy from the H&S assessment section on the ECS card website; www.ecscard.org.uk/content/Preparation-and-Revision - or indicate the quantity of printed copies of the book you require by post (at a cost of £4.50 each) on the booking form. Books ordered (and assessments) must be paid for at the point of booking.
We will endeavour to arrange an assessment at the earliest opportunity and at the chosen location. Once a place has been allocated, a confirmation email will be sent, which will include a location map, a receipt of payment and terms and conditions of the assessment.