A 1-day course for managers to increase knowledge and confidence around mental health. An opportunity to explore and implement practical approaches within the workplace. This course is supported by West Midlands Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN).
Who should attend?
Any manager who wants to better understand and recognise mental health sypmtoms of issues.
- Define mental health and some mental health issues
- Understand factors that affect mental health
- Complete Stress Risk Assessments for their teams using the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Management Standards
- Understand how their behaviours may influence/affect team members during periods of stress e.g. organisational change
- Recognise some of the signs and symptoms of mental ill-health
- Feel confident in starting mental health conversations
- Take steps to improve their own mental well-being
- Identify and implement practical approaches to support colleagues within the workplace
- The Mental Health at Work: Managers course provides tangible outcomes and next steps which your organisation can implement immediately.
- Training videos and case studies are tailored towards specific industries so that they are relevant to your organisation.
- The course is non-prescriptive and provides managers with a range of tools to enable them to support their teams effectively whilst adhering to workplace Equality and Health and Safety regulations.
- Return on Investment: For every £1 invested in workplace mental health interventions, organisations see a return on investment of between £1.50 and £9 (Thriving at Work Review).
Register by 1 September 2019 23:59pm