The content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient.
- Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
- The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking.
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
By choosing a WorkSafe training programme you or your students will receive:
- A comprehensive student resource pack for each delegate containing a market leading first aid reference manual for use during the class and as post course reference
- Professional training delivered by quality assured instructors and a maximum class size of 12 per instructor
- Active learning strategies with opportunity for practice in small, relaxed groups monitored by the instructor
- Fully interactive presentation materials that use a graphical approach to learning
- The opportunity to complete a course evaluation and register online with the WorkSafe website to access special offers and first aid related updates
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be issued with a First Aid certificate which is valid for three years.