Tickets now available for Smart Tech Summit 2018
01 March 2018
On 2 May 2018, digital engineering will be top of the agenda as Voltimum hosts a day of engaging debate and discussion at the De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms in London.
Held in partnership with ECA, the Smart Tech Summit is an event aimed at aspirational contractors and specifiers who want to explore the business opportunities emerging from digital disruption and smart technologies.
Featuring speakers from across the electrotechnical and construction sectors, the programme for the day is dedicated to addressing the challenging questions currently facing the electrotechnical and construction industry:
- Is the construction industry lagging behind other sectors?
- What does the future of our sector look like?
- What is the best way to break away from the traditional ways of doing things?
- How can my business access the benefits of digital engineering?
- What skills should we prioritise?
The ultimate goal is for like-minded professionals to network, share ideas and leave the venue equipped with the tools to enhance and prepare their business for an increasingly digitalised construction environment.
The event will be opened by keynote speaker, Mark Farmer. Mark was commissioned by the UK Government to undertake an independent review of the Construction Labour Market Model entitled Modernise or Die, which was released in October 2016. He has nearly 30 years of experience in the construction and real estate sectors and has become a recognised commentator and thought leader on a variety of issues. He is also dedicated to influencing and leading the construction industry modernisation agenda through the greater use of pre-manufacturing combined with the application of new delivery models.
Mark’s address will be followed by two panel debates, hosted by ECA, which will feature representatives from contracting firms, manufacturers and industry associations. Both panel discussions will encourage delegate participation and there will be plenty of break-out sessions throughout the day for networking opportunities.
- The first panel, hosted by ECA’s Technical Director Steve Martin, will be entitled ‘Removing barriers to smart technologies’. It will discuss the role that smart and disruptive technologies can play in the built environment and identify the barriers the construction industry must overcome for their adoption.
- The second panel, hosted by ECA’s Skills Director Andrew Eldred, will be entitled ‘Meeting the skills challenge’. This will shift focus onto skills shortages and the need to attract and develop a workforce that is capable of installing and integrating new technologies.
Steve Martin, Head of Technical, ECA, said:
“ECA is pleased to be working with Voltimum on the Smart Tech Summit, which is a natural evolution of the Live shows held in previous years. With an array of new technology and digitalisation opportunities now available, the Summit promises to tackle some of the key developments facing the electrotechnical and construction industry.
“We are also delighted that industry leader Mark Farmer will be giving the keynote speech. Mark is a renowned reformer, and his seminal ‘Modernise or Die’ report recognised that the industry needs to grasp the nettle if it is to survive, and indeed thrive.”
Eddie Embleton, Managing Director, Voltimum, said:
“Following the success of our Smart Tech Live shows, Voltimum is returning to the Grand Connaught Rooms in 2018 with the Smart Tech Summit.
“With a renewed focus on digital engineering, the Smart Tech Summit will explore the potential of smart and disruptive technologies in the construction environment. The programme will identify the challenges facing a rapidly changing construction sector. We are looking forward to providing delegates with invaluable insights on where the industry is going and how they can benefit.”
Buy your ticket today
Tickets for the event cost £20 and are available here. Entry is free to ECA members, who can register here.
Tickets will ensure access to the speaking programme as well as access to the "Meet the suppliers" exhibition with Voltimum’s industry partners. Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be included.