The CLC Site Operating Procedures (SOP) have been updated.
- Key precautionary measures such as social distancing are now located on page 1
- Updated guidance on shielding, self‐isolation, testing and what to do if a worker develops COVID‐19 symptoms or must self‐isolate
- A confirmation that canteens serving food must display an NHS QR Code
- Addition of the recent CLC statement on the use of face coverings.
Where workers on site are not required to wear Respiratory Protective Equipment and their workplace (which may include welfare and changing facilities, site offices or site meeting rooms) meets all three of the criteria (shown below), their employer should make face coverings available - and they should be worn:
- An enclosed space;
- Where social distancing isn’t always possible; and
- Where they come into contact with others they do not normally meet.
In line with Government guidance on premises providing hospitality, face coverings must be worn in canteens, except when seated at a table to eat or drink.
Version 6 of the SOP says “local COVID alert levels do not restrict construction activities; however, any additional local authority restrictions must be complied with*.”
View the full updated SOP on ECA’s business recovery webpage.
*Current measures in Wales can be viewed at:
Businesses are advised to monitor information from government sources, or e.g. their trade body.