The Green Homes Grant Voucher scheme has been extended past 31st July 2021.
The GHG may allow vouchers that are already issued to be extended.
Currently, extension requests that are received up to and including 31st July may be extended for a period of 90 days or until 31st October, whichever is sooner.
From the 1st August extension requests may be granted but in more limited circumstances than previously.
More information can be found on the scheme webpages.
The main changes are:
- Extension requests may still be granted after 31 July if work has already started on a measure. Vouchers extended after July 31 will expire on 31 October.
- If an ongoing installation is further delayed beyond 31 October for reasons beyond the homeowner’s and installer’s control, it may be possible in some circumstances to grant a short extension request until 30 November.
- We understand that some measures have longer lead-times, therefore vouchers for the following measures that were issued after 30 April will still be granted extensions if they are requested after 31 July, even if work has not started. Extensions will be for 90 days or until 30 November, whichever is earlier.
- Solid wall insulation (internal or external)
- Park home insulation
- Air source heat pump
- Ground source heat pump
- Hybrid heat pump
- Biomass boiler
- If a customer has a voucher that expires after 31 July for a primary measure that has not been redeemed, they can also apply for an extension for any vouchers they have for secondary measures, even if the work on these secondary measures has not yet started. The expiry on the secondary measure will be 31 October or the same as that of the primary measure, whichever is later.
To understand more about these changes, and if customers are looking to extend their vouchers, customers and installers can get in touch by emailing the scheme administrator at email@example.com or by calling on freephone 0300 131 0053.