An array of electrotechnical and engineering services organisations and individuals were recognised at the 2020/21 ECA Industry Awards, held on Friday 22 October at the London Hilton Bankside Hotel.
After an almost two-year hiatus, the 2020/21 Awards highlighted some of the key achievements by leading talent in the sector, providing a great opportunity for contractors and others across the electrotechnical and engineering services industry to showcase their exceptional work.
Guests on the night were treated to a range of entertainment, including live music, table magic and more. Thousands of pounds were raised for the Electrical Industries Charity during a prize draw. TV and radio personalities Steph McGovern and Alan Dedicoat (the voice of the National Lottery!) hosted the proceedings and presented awards to the winning ECA organisations and individuals.
In all, some two-dozen top-performing businesses and individuals from across the industry scooped honours at the awards, which were supported by headline sponsors Electrium and LEDVANCE.
These included awards for Contractor of the Year, Best Fire and Security Project, and the Excellence in Training and Development Award.
Long-time industry advocate and major player in the fight for fairer payment practices in the construction industry, Rudi Klein deservedly won the Major Contribution to the Industry Award.
An independent panel of judges including Andrew Stevens, CEO of CNet Training, Martyn Allen, Technical Director of Electrical Safety First, Julia Evans, Chief Executive of BSRIA, and Jon Graham, Chief Executive of JTL Training, determined the winners from a pool of impressive entries. The awards were adjudicated by ECA Director of Member Services Helen Atkinson.
“Many congratulations to this year’s deserving winners, and also to the highly commended nominees who all submitted impressive entries,” she said.
“We would like to encourage ECA Members who are working on impressive and innovative projects this year and next, or who are delivering new health and safety or training and development initiatives, to enter the next awards, which will be held in June 2023.”
Entries for the 2023 awards will open in 2022, and more details will be available at www.ecaawards.co.uk
And the winners were…
- FSA Outstanding Contribution to Fire Detection and Alarm Industry, in memory of Ian Marsh
- FSA Outstanding Contribution to Security Systems Industry award, in memory of Peter Greenwood
- Contractor of the Year Award (up to £1mn turnover) sponsored by Edmundson
- Caztec Group and Energy Ace
- Highly commended: Orange Fox
- Best Client Partnership Award, sponsored by Markel
- NG Bailey
- Highly commended: Powercor and SJD Associates
- Best Health and Safety Initiative Award, sponsored by Electrical Safety First
- LCA Group
- Highly commended: SSE Contracting
- ECA Contractor of the Year Award (up to £5mn turnover), sponsored by the JIB
- Chord Engineering
- Highly commended: SJD Associates and West & West
- Best Corporate Social Responsibility Award, sponsored by CHAS
- SSE Contracting
- Highly commended: RDM Electrical Services (EFT Consult)
- Excellence in Training and Development Award (up to £15mn), sponsored by Ideal Industries
- Lindum Fire Services
- Highly commended: Ceetech
- Excellence in Training and Development Award (over £15mn), sponsored by JTL Training
- NG Bailey
- Highly commended: Haydon M&E
- FSA Best Fire and Security Project Award, sponsored by NSI
- Darke & Taylor
- Highly commended: Network Security and Alarms
- ECA Contractor of the Year Award (up to £15mn turnover), sponsored by ABB
- ECA Contractor of the Year Award (up to £60mn turnover), sponsored by Eaton
- Geoffrey Robinson and Haydon M&E
- ECA Large Contractor of the Year Award, sponsored by Schneider
- Major Contribution to the Industry Award, awarded by ECA
Full list of ECA Industry Awards judges 2020/21:
- Andrew Stevens, CEO, CNet Training
- Martyn Allen, Technical Director, Electrical Safety First
- Juliet Loiselle, Editor, Modern Building Services
- Matt Nimmons, Managing Director, CEDIA EMEA
- Julia Evans, Chief Executive, BSRIA
- Richard Bowler, Editor, Professional Electrician & Installer
- Jon Graham, Chief Executive, JTL
- Helen Atkinson, Director of Member Services, ECA (Adjudicator)
- Paul Reeve, Director of CSR, ECA (Head Judge)