#Project18 Amendment 2 Roadshow
Join us at the #Project18 Amendment 2 Roadshow
This year ECA will tour the UK hosting the #Project18 Amendment 2 Roadshow which will unpack the major changes in BS 7671:2018+A2:2022.
ECA’s Technical team will discuss these and the other changes within BS 7671:2018+A2:2022, breaking down each part, what has changed and what these changes will mean for your working practices and business.
There will be also be presentations from Aico and Signify, opportunities to ask your questions and meet our sponsors.
A CPD Certified Event
The #Project18 Amendment 2 Roadshow is a CPD certified event. All attendees will be issued with a CPD certificate.
This event is available exclusively to our Members and will give you the opportunity to listen to expert speakers explain how the Amendment 2 will affect your business.
Places are limited, so early booking is encouraged.
What is Amendment 2?
On 24th January 2022 the IET announced the release of Amendment 2 (BS 7671:2018+A2:2022) of the wiring regulations which will come into effect on 28th March 2022.
The 2nd Amendment to the 18th edition, originally launched in 2018, encapsulates changes from Amendment 1 as well as additions from the Draft for Public Comment in 2020.
The IET have announced that the significant changes for BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 will include:
- A new requirement for Arc Fault Detection Devices (AFDDs) in some AC final circuits for installations in some types of higher risk residential buildings.
- The requirement for the fire safety design of buildings to be documented where specific conditions of external influence exist, such as protected escape routes and locations with risk of fire.
- Method for determining the requirement to provide overvoltage protection.
- Changes to identification, labels and notices, such as for consumer units, affecting how safety information is provided to the user of the electrical installation.
- A Chapter on Prosumer’s Low Voltage Electrical Installations, in a new part, Part 8.