The ECA is an official supporter of the Gate Safe campaign, which aims to set the standard in gate automation and raise awareness amongst the trade and the public about the need for better automated gate safely.
Gate Safe’s IOSH-accredited Installer training aims to tackle the frequency of injuries/ fatalities caused by poor automated gate installations.
This training course is aimed at teaching specifiers, installers and Health & Safety advisors about the correct safety protocol for automated gates.
The half-day course covers:
• Scope and nature of legislation and standards relevant to automated gate safety
• Implications of failure to install equipment to the required standard
• Risk Assessment protocol
• Styles and configurations of different gates and associated risks
• Details of recommended safety features and correct installation guidance
• Additional safety considerations
• Importance of maintenance
• Practical examples of good and bad practice
Delegates who pass the course receive an IOSH accredited certificate, permission to use the Gate Safe Aware Installers logo on their marketing materials and a comprehensive training reference manual. Installer companies will be listed on the Gate Safe Aware Installer database, which is only available to companies who have undergone this training.
Find out more
For more information and forthcoming course dates and locations, visit the Gate Safe website.