Who we are
This website is operated by Electrical Contractors’ Association Ltd (The) registered office is at Eca Court, 24-26 South Park, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 1DU registered number 00143669 trading as ECA with VAT registration number 899 1949 39. For more information please see 'about us'.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log on each time)
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor and/or client requirements and interests
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests, and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of your internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site, or by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies.
For further information on cookies generally, including how to control and manage them, visit the guidance on cookies published by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
In certain circumstances we may collect personal information about you — but only where you voluntarily provide it (e.g. by completing an online form, or where you purchase goods or services from us).
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our website and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
How to turn off all cookies and consequences of doing so
If you do not want to accept any cookies, you may be able to change your browser settings so that cookies (including those which are essential to the services requested) are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our website.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the guidance on cookies published by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
How to contact us
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ above).
Changes to this policy
This policy was published on 25/03/2021 and last updated on 25/03/2021.
We may change this document from time to time to reflect the latest view of what we do with your infor-mation. Please check back frequently; you will be able to see if changes have been made by the date it was last updated.