High Voltage (HV) installations form an integral part of any business with a need to be backed by extensive engineering, project planning and maintenance regimes. The loss of electricity supply due to a poorly maintained HV system can be devastating leading to lengthy down time costing business’ thousands of pounds.
Over the past century ECA has played a pivotal role in the High Voltage arena, proactively working with relevant stakeholders and standard setting organisations improving professionalism, creating commercial opportunities for members and representing the vast array of contractors who operate in the three main areas of High Voltage installation:
- Contestable work as Independent Connections Provider (ICP)
- Non contestable work under the control of the Distribution Network Operator (DNO)
- Private HV networks under the responsibility of clients' own safety rules.
High Voltage specialists who wish to join ECA must undertake an ECA Assessment in either:
- Transformers, switchgear, cabling, jointing and terminations
- ECA Assessment, delivered by third-party - Non UKAS accredited
- Cabling and jointing only
- ECA Assessment, delivered by third party - Non UKAS accredited
Want to find out more? Submit an ECA Membership enquiry.