eCOMS - a FREE web-based tool for ECA Members, helping you to meet your certification scheme requirements
Certification schemes using the Electrotechnical Assessment Specification (EAS 2020) places requirements on electrical contractors, or enterprises, to undertake a competence review of employed persons. This requires the enterprise to record and manage skills, qualifications, observations and general information about employed persons to ensure that they are adequately trained and supervised for the work they are undertaking. This documentation will be audited by the Certification body during a technical assessment.
eCOMS is a web-based tool developed by ECA which provides Members with an easy to use solution to maintain accurate operative training and observation records.
Specifically, it assists Enterprises to meet the requirements of their certification scheme by providing documentation and training history logs. It maintains a detailed history about operatives as they change roles within the organisation as well as when they join and leave employment.
eCOMS also allows users to quickly visualise the three EAS metrics for all current operatives and, using a simple traffic light colour scheme identify what level of supervision is required for each operative.
In 2023 ECA have worked up upgrade and develop new features for users of eCOMS as part of our continuous commitment to improving our membership offering.
eCOMS features include:
- NEW Mass operative uploads: eCOMS will now allow you to upload a spreadsheet with all of your operatives' details in one go.
- NEW Easily identify operatives with photos: You can now add photos to your operatives' profiles.
- NEW Never miss a deadline: Training expiring soon? Follow-ups due? eCOMS now offers the functionality to get reminder alerts straight into your inbox.
- NEW Record additional skill sets: Include even more skills against your operatives, including health & safety, mechanical and asbestos awareness.
- NEW CPD tracking: You'll be able to record CPD hours against training records to ensure operatives are undertaking the required amount.
- Recording of operative details, training and qualifications
- Recording of observations
- Recording of internal training courses
- Recording of company documentation
- Reporting on competence levels & supervision requirements