Businesses already facing a particularly challenging time may have the additional complication of implementing redundancies among their workforce.
This guidance supports employers from the decision to consider redundancies through to the redundancy selection and final implementation. In addition to this, the guide is filled with sample letters and guidance on consulting, selecting, notifying the relevant employees, and calculating their redundancy and notice pay.
If you have any further questions on matters relating to redundancy, please contact the ECA Employee Relations Department.
- Redundancy protection for pregnant workers: Protection from Redundancy (Pregnancy and Family Leave) Act that provides for greater protection against redundancy during pregnancy and after return to work from maternity leave as well as certain other family-related leave.
- Calculate statutory redundancy pay >
- Lay-offs and short-time working advice >
- Tax and redundancy payments >
- ACAS step-by-step guidance on redundancy >