What standards are available?
To view the current 86 standards available, click here.
The following standards have been added in Q2 2020:
- BS 5839-1 2017 Fire detection and fire alarm systems for buildings - Part 1
- BS EN IEC 62485-2:2018 Safety requirements for secondary batteries and battery installations. Stationary batteries
- PD IEC TR 63079 2017+A1 2018 Code of practice for hearing-loop systems
- BS 7273-6:2019 Code of practice for the operation of fire protection measures. Fire detection and fire alarm systems. Interface with ancillary systems and equipment
- BS EN 50131-1:2006+A2:2017 Alarm systems. Intrusion and hold-up systems. System requirements
The ECA consults with Members every 3 months, to guarantee the library offers the latest and most relevant standards. To have your say for the next update, complete our short survey here.
Request a BSI Standard
The ECA consults with Members every 3 months, to guarantee the library offers the latest and most relevant standards. To have your say for the next update, complete our short survey here
Accessing BSI Online Standards
The BSI Standards are designed to work with the Adobe PDF software, either Acrobat or Reader. However if you are using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, these browsers contain their own PDF viewers, which are not compatible with opening and downloading the Standards.
ECA has created step-by-step guidance on how to view standards in all web browsers.
How can I add my colleagues to the licence?
To add your colleagues to the BSI online licences user list, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to www.eca.co.uk
- Go to My ECA and click BSI Documents - view
- Click ‘Manage’ (all users can request a receipt by click Receipt: resend)
- Any members who have multiple web account users will see all web account users in the Available active users list. To add them they will have a blue button to the right saying Add
- This will send an email to the colleague you’re adding, as well as to the nominated representative and BSI representative to let them know this colleague has access.
- You can change the BSI Representative at any point – this needs to be done from either the BSI Representative’s account or the Nominated Representative’s account.
- You will need to choose someone else on the licence to move this role to – if you do not select someone else the change cannot be completed and the original BSI Representative will remain.
- You will have the option of removing the user completely from the licence or just removing
the BSI Representative role from them.
- Emails will be sent to the user, the Nominated Representative and the new BSI Representative confirming the changes made.
You can purchase BSI Online Standards access for up to 5 users.