Please note: this agenda is subject to change.
Refreshments and opportunity to visit exhibitor stands
Session 1: Energising Your Business: Understanding the Net Zero Vision
Delivered by Luke Osborne, Energy and Emerging Technologies Solutions Advisor, ECA
- Helping ECA Members to address growing demand for low-carbon and Net Zero work.
- Exploring the drivers behind the need for low-carbon work.
- Outlining the reasons why ECA Members should embrace these new opportunities.
Session 2: Leading the Charge: Your Contribution to Britain’s Net Zero future
Delivered by Mike Pitts, Deputy Challenge Director, Innovate UK
- Highlighting the government's strategy and its significance in motivating businesses to pivot towards low-carbon solutions.
- Identifying key reasons for considering a business pivot towards low-carbon practices.
- Understanding the benefits and potential impact of Net Zero policy on our industry.
Session 3: Wired for Success: Opportunities for Electrical Contractors
Delivered by Darren Crannis, Technical Manager, ECA
- Discovering the various opportunities available for ECA Members to get involved in low-carbon work.
- Identifying potential projects and partnerships in the low-carbon sector.
- Exploring how ECA Members can contribute to achieving Britain’s Net Zero goals.
Session 4: Surge of Innovation: Building Net Zero into the Supply Chain
Chaired Luke Osborne, Energy and Emerging Technologies Solutions Advisor, ECA with speakers from Luceco, Eaton and Greentech
- Exploring how companies in the supply chain have adapted to changing customer and installer demands.
- Understanding the reasons behind the shift to a low-carbon supply chain.
- Highlighting successful case studies of companies that have effectively responded to changing demands.
Session 5: Powering Up: Understanding Client Needs for Net Zero Solutions
Delivered by Paul Reeve, Director of CSR, ECA
- Recognising the importance of low-carbon business credentials for commercial and public sector clients.
- Exploring the reporting, frameworks, and standards that Members may need to demonstrate to compete for future works.
- Understanding the reasons behind the demand for these credentials and their impact on business opportunities.
Session 6: Transforming the Workforce: Training and Skills Development for Net Zero
Delivered by Andrew Eldred, Director of Employment & Skills, ECA
- Highlighting the benefits of becoming MCS accredited for ECA Members.
- Identifying available upskilling training for low-carbon solutions.
- Explaining the assessment process and the concept of 'Electrician +' in delivering these technologies and services.
Session 7: Business Sparks: Exploring Business Models, Opportunities and Risks in Net Zero Work
Delivered by Rob Driscoll, Director of Legal & Business, ECA
- Discussing potential business models and contracts in the low-carbon sector.
- Exploring the opportunities and risks associated with low-carbon solutions.
- Insights on strategies for navigating and capitalising on these opportunities.
Session 8: Lighting the Way: Colleagues Charting the Course to Net Zero
Chaired by Gary Parker, Senior Technical Manager, ECA with speakers from Solaredge and ECA Members
- A chaired discussion between Solaredge and ECA Members on how the drive to Net Zero has positively impacted their business.
- Sharing lessons learned from businesses that have embraced low-carbon practices.
- Presenting case studies that demonstrate the successful integration of Net Zero goals into business operations.